Happy New Year! (better late than never?!?!)

Image from Pinterest





Happy new year!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year like I did.  I have had a wonderful couple of weeks balancing my love of teaching Pilates with spending cherished time with my husband and children.  We managed to pack a lot of fun into the last few weeks around the extra shifts I did and I am refreshed and ready to go for 2017. 

It seems a bit weird talking about New Year now at the end of January doesn’t it?  I guess it feels a bit more like New Year now for me though, and many others I’m guessing.  Over the weekend it was the first New Moon of the year, Chinese New Year, and the kids all go back to school this week.  It signifies an end to summer holidays and the beginning of getting back into a routine for the year. 

Do you set New Years Resolutions each year?  I’m not usually one to do it, and if I do it is something trivial.  I am also not generally one to sit down and right out a list of goals, life plans or anything like that.  However, this year, things have been a little different.  I have drawn inspiration from a number of sources including Danielle LaPorte’s Goals with Soul course, Hal Elrod’s Level 10 Life  concept, and Amy Taylor-Kabbaz’s Mission Statement for 2017What drew me to each of these (and other similar ideas) was the focus on how I want to feel in my life.  Rather than being a big list of things to do, the idea is to challenge myself to move closer towards the Core Desired Feelings in all that I do, and use those feelings as a guide for what I want to do/achieve.  I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about how I want my life to be this year, and this is what I’ve come up with:











o   The Modern Mrs Darcy 2017 Reading Challenge - there are actually two challenges to choose from – one if you want to be reading for fun, and one for reading for growth, or you could do both.  I plan to do both over the course of the year.  The idea is you pick books based on a number of categories within the challenge.  This idea is appealing to me because I have felt stuck in a bit of a reading rut lately, always picking the same type of books.  Hopefully this challenge will inspire some diversity in my reading.
o   Hal Elrod’s 30 Day Miracle Morning Challenge – Based on the principles outlined in The Miracle Morning, the 30 day challenge could be a great way for me to kick start some positive morning routines. 
o   An alcohol free month – eg dry July/Octsober
o   Thank and Grow Rich – “a 30 day experiment in shameless gratitude and unabashed joy”


o   The first one was Danielle LaPorte in a podcast I listened featuring her and she was discussing the importance of saying no to others so that you have room to say yes to yourself and what you want/need.  She said to listen to your instincts when someone asks you to go somewhere/do something.  “If it’s not a HELL YES¸ then it’s a no.”
o   The other one is from Gretchen Rubin’s podcast,  HappJhHappier HApppHHHHhhhhahahHHapppier Happier, where she said a recent philosophy of hers is “if you cant get out of it, get into it”. The idea being, if there is something that you have to do, but are not really wanting to, it will probably be better for you and all involved if you just let go and decide to really make the most of it.  I like this idea.  A change in your attitude to something is sometimes all you need to make it much more enjoyable.  


I would love to hear from you about your resolutions/goals/plans for the year.  Did you make any new years resolutions?  How are you going with them so far?  Do you have any ideas for other challenges I should undertake?  Would you like to do any of the challenges with me?  I would love to hear your thoughts so make sure you comment below. 
Until next time,
E xx





Labels: , , , ,